June 9: Keynote speaker Joel Gruin speaks on Open data, and the conference had a finale with the annual award and closing ceremonies. The best papers in Research, Management, and Poster categories are announced along with the runner-ups and nominated papers. The awardees take away with cash prizes sponsored by IOS Press, Journal Informatics, and Emerald publishing companies. The distinguished award winner Yigal Arens received the recognition and the plaque. Congratulations to all awardees! Of course, the ceremony can not miss the three-amigo (turned to 5 amigo) singing and dancing. we also started a DGS banner transfer ceremony to the next year's host, Marijn Janssen. Thank you all for participating in the dg.o 2017, and see you all in Delft, the Netherlands next year.
June 8: Keynote panel on Data Collaborative with speakers, Todd Harbour, Chief Data Officer (CDO) for New York State, Natalia Adler, the Data, Research and Policy Planning Specialist at UNICEF HQ, Stefaan Verhulst, Co-Founder and Chief Research and Development Officer of the Governance Laboratory @NYU (GovLab), Marijn Janssen is a full Professor of Delft University of Technology and Theresa Pardo, Director of the CTG, University at Albany. The day was also highlighted with the lively poster session.
June 7: The dg.o 2017 got kicked off by the Joint Conference Day by the DGS and ICF including the Joint Welcome speakers by Mr. James Oddo, Staten Island Borough President, Dr. Susan Holak, Dean of School of Business, and representitives from many city governments around the world for the ICF's Summit meeting, and finished with the welcome reception at the MOAF (Museum of American Fiance)!
April 18: The DGS selects Yigal Arens to receive 2017 Distinguished Service Award!
April 15: Joel Gurin, President and Founder, Center for Open Data Enterprise
Author, Open Data Now, will give a keynote speech at dg.o 2017
- April 15: dg.o 2017 Registration fee information is available.
- April 1: Accepted workshops, panels and posters are posted.
- March 22: Accepted papers for dg.o 2017 are notified.
- March 21: Call for nominations for Distinguished Service Award
- January 18: MOU between DGS and ICF (Intelligent Community Forum) to have a joint conference at dg.o 2017.
July: dg.o 2017 conference - save the date announcement (June 7-9, 2017)
June 8-10: dg.o 2016 conference. See photos and proceedings at conference archive page.
May 5: Early-bird registration deadline (China Shanghai Time)
April 5: dg.o 2016 registration site open.
April 5: dg.o camera-ready version of accepted papers are due. Check the author instructions.
Jan 20: Double issue of Newsletter Vol 59 3/4 (Sep/Dec 2015) is published.
Jan 18: Election results are notified to the newly elected board members. Public announcement will be made soon.
- Oct: Call for Papers are now available.
- Aug: dg.o 2017 will be hosted by CUNY, New York in June 2017.
- Aug 11: Newsletter Vol 59 No 2 (June 2015) is published
- July: dg.o 2016 dates announced - June in Shanghai, China hosted by Fudan University
- May 27-30: dg.o 2015 conference at Arizona State University
- Jan 20, 2015: 2nd Call for Bids for dg.o 2017 conference site
- Jan 2, 2015: Member updates and greetings from the DGS President
- Dec 15, 2014: Call for Bids for dg.o 2017 conference site is available.
- Nov 26, 2014: dg.o2015 paper submission site opened.
- Nov 3, 2014: DGS Newsletter will be issued quarterly.
- Oct 29 2014: The first DGS Weekly Blog is sent to members and subscribers.
- Oct 2014: The dg.o 2015 website is alive.
- June 2014: The dg.o 2014 conference was a success.
- Jan 2014: Executive Officers and new Board Members are on board.
- Oct 11, 2014: The name of the DGSNA has been changed to the Digital Government Society.